Goodbye Cody Somerville

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Thu Jan 25 18:03:47 UTC 2007

On wo, 2007-01-24 at 23:25 -0800, Corey Burger wrote:

> Regardless if you have been thinking about it for weeks, don't we have
> an IRC council for this?

The IRC council currently is Nalioth and me. Nalioth agreed :) We need
more people on the council.

> One of the issues that we need to bring before the CC is how ops are
> made and unmade. I thought there was an IRC Council now, who has the
> power to do this (barring exceptional circumstances). If there isn't,
> I think we need one, as any decisions about op/de-oping people must be
> made by consensus or we will end up here again.

The IRC council was barely in place when cody's behaviour and my
reluctance to do anything about it scared away Paul. A few other people
who in my eyes are good candidates for the council, were also almost
leaving. THAT is why I took quick action after his lies and false
accusations. We should not be losing many people due to one person.

--
Dennis K.

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.