State of #ubuntu-offtopic

Karl Goetz kamping_kaiser at internode.on.net
Tue Jan 23 08:36:08 UTC 2007

Jan Vancura wrote:

> One elegant way of solving this in hard to manage channels is to set
> them +m, and devoice misbehaving individuals. This is anonymous
> (Chanserv just removes voice, and noone will know which op did it).

On one hand its good its anonymous ( people cant target an op for doing
their job ). However, i do think that we cant expect people to appeal to
the op who gave a ban/mute/telling off/warning if they don't know who it
was.

> This system could be easily enhanced by setting ubotu or Ubugtu to voice
> anyone on join (perhaps except those that have been devoiced by an op
> before).
>
> Removing voice also looks a lot less harsh than a mute (which looks like
> a ban), and is a lot quieter (one line instead of 3).

but you do get an extra 'person voiced' line for /each person who joins/.

kk

--
Karl Goetz
User of gNewSense: Free as in Freedom - http://www.gnewsense.org