Irc Council - part 2

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Mon Oct 23 10:29:33 UTC 2006

Hello all,

In a fairly unanymous vote, the following people were chosen as members
of the IRC council.

* Seveas
* nalioth
* ompaul

This council is not meant to creat bureaucracy (sp?), but to take it
away. If, after a short test period, this council seems to work ok, the
things that are currently blocked on me (channel registration issues,
cloaks etc.) can then be handled by either of those. The council is also
an intermediate step between the operator team and the CC.

The first issue for us is already here:

Recently, there have been some actions by operators that upset quite a
few people. Several people pointed out that the current set of operator
guidelines may not be enough so I propose we take a look at them. LjL
already wrote several guidelines (a bit too verbose) on
http://ljl.byethost14.com/guidelines.html-- which we may want to take
into account.

I'd welcome comments from anybody on this, but in the end I want the
council to create the new set of guidelines.

And the second issue is also here:

I want to propose the following people as operators:

* elkbuntu
* LjL

Currently this still needs to go via the CC, but if we get this IRC
council working ok, we can do this ourselves. So let's pretend we can do
this ourselves and see how it goes ;)
--
Dennis K.

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.