IRC Op Meeting

Cliff Wade hawkwind at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 17:06:48 UTC 2006

On 12/18/06, Anthony Yarusso <tonyyarusso at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Francis Giannaros wrote:
> > Following the issues raised on the Mailing list, and following even
> more that
> > have just come up in a 20-minute (or so) discussion in IRC, it's clear
> that
> > we need to have a meeting to sort out some of these issues.
> >
> > I'm proposing 18:00 GMT, hopefully to get things cleared up/changing
> > implemented quickly. Please report on whether you'll be able to make
> it. The
> > meeting should be in #ubuntu-meeting I'll contact the fridge after
> feedback
> > on the time, and make an appropriate wiki entry with a schedule of
> items to
> > discuss, but here's a quick list for now:
> >
> > * Transparency in Ubuntu Operators Actions. Which might include:
> >     * allowing idlers?
> >     * more open discussion on the ML?
> >     * public logs?
> >     * Bantracker logs public somewhere?
> > * Transparency in IRC Council Meetings
> > * Procedure with Ubuntu cloaks
> > * Any other issues
> >
> > Hope to see you all there.
> >
> > Regards,
> > apokryphos.
> Um, btw, he had meant 18:00 UTC on WEDNESDAY (see /topic in -ops).  I
> thought an edit e-mail had been sent, but apparently not.  Hopefully
> that clears up some confusion.  This is still of course pending
> people's schedules.

I'll definitely be there for the meeting unless some emergency comes
up.  Here are a couple of things that I feel we need to add to the
agenda:

* Bot access/control - As far as when Seveas is gone for days/weeks or
whatever and the bots go down.  It seems that noone else has the power
to bring them back online or anything.  As we all know, these bots
play a major role in the *Ubuntu-* channels and are needed quite
often.

* The status of the IRC council, what it's doing, what its plans/goals
are for the near and far future.  If each member has a particular role
or things that they are responsible with, we need to know so that we
don't go to let's say Seveas about an issue, and get told, well,
that's really what nalioth is handling.

* We need to decide if we want -ops to be a channel where the users
come to appeal their bans/kicks/mutes or whatever, or should we setup
a seperate channel.

* We need to decide if we want -ops to be a completely private channel
that only those on the access list are able to get into as to keep any
possible information away from users that they shouldn't be seeing

For now that's all I can think of.  I do see this meeting as very
important and I'm sure it will be very successful as long as we all
work together as a team and focus on these issues.  I just hope that
noone gets upset and takes anything that might be said as a personal
attack towards them.

--
With kind regards,

Cliff Wade (Hawkwind)
Registered Linux User #362532 Registered Kubuntu User #331
http://seerofsouls.com http://linuxfordummies.org http://urpmi-addmedia.org
IRC Channels (irc.freenode.net): #LFD #Kubuntu #Ulteo