did not find an installer ISO image

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Thu Jun 15 22:15:47 UTC 2017

Are there docs that explain how this should work?
I am guessing I am expected to have a 2nd media with the iso on it.

Also, I haven't done this simple version, I am trying to mimic what works
with the debian version of the same thing, which does work using the
parameters in this script:

https://github.com/CarlFK/video-stack-deploy/blob/usbstick/scripts/mk_usb_
installer.sh
https://github.com/CarlFK/video-stack-deploy/blob/
usbstick/scripts/test_thumb.sh

but I would expect the same results if I just did:

wget http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/${suite}
/main/installer-amd64/current/images/boot.img.gz

zcat hd-media/boot.img.gz|sudo dcfldd of=/dev/sdc

boot it...

error:

 Scan hard drives for an installer ISO image ├──────────┐
   │
│
   │ The quick scan for installer ISO images, which looks only in common
│
   │ places, did not find an installer ISO image. It's possible that a
│
   │ more thorough search will find the ISO image, but it may take a long
│
   │ time.
│
   │
│
   │ Do full disk search for installer ISO image?
│
   │
│
   │     <Go Back>                                       <Yes>    <No>
│
   │

I think if the hd-media/boot.img fs could be expanded to 2 gig then I could
copy the iso onto it just like the debian flavor.  or if there is a smaller
ISO?

--
Carl K