d-i partman crypto

Erik Persson erik.gunnar.persson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 08:22:25 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I'm currently working with a project with about 120 ubuntu 9.04 mashines for
andorid development.
I have to follow some guidelines from the security department and one of
them is the need to have the disk encrypted.

I have been using the function d-i partman-auto/method string crypto in the
pressed.cfg file.
This works very nice and I can use cryptsetup to add more keys manually
after the installation.

Problem I face is that I want the hole installation to be automated. Right
now all steps has been solved in pressed.cfg all but abilty to "push" in a
crypto password.
Been googeling my eyes red and have not found anything about automating the
hole crypto setup.

So my question.

Is it possible to pre set a default password [MD5-hash] in the pressed file
for crypto?

//Erik Persson
R&D IT