Dell Recovery project

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Thu May 28 10:53:05 BST 2009

Hi,

I wanted to announce a new project that I've assembled on launchpad, Dell
Recovery [1] <http://launchpad.net/dell-recovery>.  It is the tool that is
shipping on Ubuntu based Dell machines from the factory.  It takes the data
on a recovery partition and builds an ISO image out of it.  That ISO image
can then be passed on to USB Creator or the user's favorite CD burning
suite.

I'm intending to upload this to universe for karmic, and then do regular
releases for karmic and later.  Currently it's only applicable to the Dell
factory, but i'm open to expanding it to other purposes.  Please subscribe
to the mailing list [2] <http://launchpad.net/%7Edell-recovery> to discuss.

Thanks!

[1] http://launchpad.net/dell-recovery <http://launchpad.net/dell-recovery>
[2] http://launchpad.net/~dell-recovery<http://launchpad.net/%7Edell-recovery>