ubiquity customization

Juan Jesús Ojeda Croissier juanje.ojeda at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 06:24:07 GMT 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Fabio Marzocca <thesaltydog at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok. I made some test and now I know how preseed will work.
> Still have problems with avoiding the installation of language packs
> for openoffice. As openoffice is not installed on my liveCD, maybe I
> can comment out "ubuntu-desktop" in  /preseed/ubuntu.seed? Is there
> any trick to test the ubiquity install wihout having to rebuild the
> whole ISO?

I guess it's better idea that comment that, to add some lines about
languages packages:
# Only install the standard system and language packs.
d-i     pkgsel/language-pack-patterns   string
# No language support packages.
d-i     pkgsel/install-language-support boolean false

With those options, I think, you will get a installation without
language packages, so if you've already installed the language
packages you need into the live, you don't need any more packages.

I hope this can help a bit.

To test the preseed you just need to rebuild the iso part, not the
squashfs part (which is the one which takes more time).
I see in other email that you're building a USB live, so probably you
don't need even that, just change the preseed file in the usb and test
it.

Cheers

--
Juan Jesús Ojeda Croissier

Emergya Consultoría / http://www.emergya.es
Avda. de la Innovación, 3 (Edif. Hércules), Mód 12-13
E41020 Sevilla
Tfno: +34 954 51 75 77 Fax: +34 954 51 64 73