hardy netboot attempt

Ryan Lovett ryan at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Apr 3 23:11:50 BST 2008

In attempting to install hardy beta via netboot, I ran into a problem where
the installer was unable to download kernel modules from the archive. This
prevents disk detection so I can't work around this. /var/log/syslog had

  net-retriever: gpgv: BAD signature from "Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key <ftpmaster at ubuntu.com>"
  net-retriever: error: Bad signature on /tmp/net-retriever-PID-Release.

I tried us.archive.ubuntu.com and archive.ubuntu.com with both i386 and
amd64 releases. The netboot files were retrieved from

http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/hardy/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/netboot.tar.gz
http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/hardy/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/netboot.tar.gz

I haven't had trouble with gutsy. Is this just a mirror problem or should I
file a bug report or both?

Ryan