[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu 12.04 on Macbook Pro 5,1

Linux Lingam linuxlingam at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 13:50:19 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Vivek Khurana <hiddenharmony at gmail.com> wrote:

>  How about buying a real computer instead of trying to run a state of the
> art OS on a shiny toy...

While I continue to wait even after 7 years for the otherwise
state-of-the-art OS to catch up, that shiny toy can run garageband and
that to record without machine electrical interference, and can
transcode video without drop frames and jarring, ugly artefacts. So
think of it as a stop-gap arrangement, and here's hoping not for the
rest of my life, as 7 years is already too much in a computing life.

Before others helpfully pitch in. LMMS, audacity, ardour, ubuntustudio
etc etc ain't garageband, much less Logic pro. And ffmpeg, gstreamer,
and other valiant attempts aren't quite there either.

Plus that hardware engineering that cuts out electrical noise, or even
gives me zero sound for Mic recordings, that's priceless. No fiddling
around to get things working.

By the easy, have already installed Ubuntu 12.04 on the other laptop.
It is the best Ubuntu I've used so far.

Thanks

Regards
Niyam