[ubuntu-in] Good news - now Live CD's will be able to upgrade your Ubuntu

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:18:02 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 6:43 PM, tabankg <khabor08 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking at it with all my enthusiasm...since it becomes very painful in
> oneself after you've downloaded ton's of applications,tools,data(through
> SYNAPTIC)for your Ubuntu Desktop,and then have to install fresh,if you want
> to move to the latest version...

which is why i am stuck at 9.10 - it took me a few months to stabilize
everything to my liking and to make it pretty efficient and now i
literally dread having to do a fresh reinstall. Unfortunately there
seems like no way i can move from 9.10 to 11.04 easily so at some
point it will have to be a fresh install and then a few months of a
lot of work to get everything recitified

ram