[ubuntu-in] Good news - now Live CD's will be able to upgrade your Ubuntu

tabankg khabor08 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:13:16 UTC 2011

I am looking at it with all my enthusiasm...since it becomes very painful in
oneself after you've downloaded ton's of applications,tools,data(through
SYNAPTIC)for your Ubuntu Desktop,and then have to install fresh,if you want
to move to the latest version...
A great work from Ubuntu Team.
Kudos to them.

-tabankg

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Jagan Challa <jagan185 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 15:17, Ramnarayan.K <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Am sure quite a few people will be happy with this move to enable live
>> cd's to upgrade an existing system.
>>
>> **
>> Ubuntu Live CD Will Let You Upgrade To Newer Ubuntu Versions [Ubuntu
>> 11.04 Development]
>> http://www.webupd8.org/2011/03/ubuntu-live-cd-will-let-you-upgrade-to.html
>>
>> An update to the Ubuntu 11.04 installer (Ubiquity) finally brings
>> upgrade support to the Ubuntu Live CD. That means that for instance if
>> you use Ubuntu 10.10, when you'll boot the Ubuntu 11.04 Live CD you'll
>> have an option to upgrade (without losing your documents and installed
>> applications). Besides this change, there's also a redesigned
>> partitioner:
>>
>> Because this has just landed in Ubuntu 11.04 (and because Ubuntu 11.04
>> is still in alpha!), it's best not to try this feature yet as it may
>> break stuff (I didn't tested it).
>> **
>>
>> the oirginal article has a few screen shots and a host of comments
>>
>> regards
>> ram
>>
>> --
>>

> Very interesting. A lot of people will find this very useful.

> My twitter handl: @jagan185
>
> My blog: http://jagan185.blogspot.com
> <http://jagan185.blogspot.com/>
> My Launchpad profile: https://launchpad.net/~jagan185