[ubuntu-in] need desktop search tool

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 17:50:26 UTC 2011

Hi

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 9:11 PM, Swarup <dinbandhu at sprynet.com> wrote:
> I have been using Beagle Search for several years as my Indic language
> search tool.

it is a cool tool

> But in 10.10 and 11.04 Beagle is no longer available-- which means that
> if I upgrade to either of these versions I will be without a search
> tool. Has anyone found another search tool which will reliably search
> Indic font documents? Preferably, one with a GUI.

believe it or not i am still on 9.10 and have been mulling a change to
11.04 (or mint 11) - so cannot answer , but instead have an added
question

is beagle not available any where on the repos ?? - and if its been
dropped there must have been a replacement something ??

look forward to what people suggest

--
Ram