[ubuntu-in] need desktop search tool

Swarup dinbandhu at sprynet.com
Fri Jun 17 15:41:32 UTC 2011

I have been using Beagle Search for several years as my Indic language
search tool. It is the only desktop search tool I have found which
reliably searches my Hindi language documents. Here I mean that it
searches the text of the documents, not just the file name. And as an
added plus, it supplies the sentence from the text, in which it finds
the word.

But in 10.10 and 11.04 Beagle is no longer available-- which means that
if I upgrade to either of these versions I will be without a search
tool. Has anyone found another search tool which will reliably search
Indic font documents? Preferably, one with a GUI.

Thanks,
Swarup