[ubuntu-in] Time to look inwards.

sivakumar bharadhwaj jeyendrasiva at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 04:02:24 UTC 2011

Sir,

my two paise (cents - I dont have !!!)

- first of all thanks to them, CDAC, particularly for Free DVDs - BOSS, and
EduBOSS.  I have taken 10 + DVDs in the last 1 year, and have given to
people who want to use / install them.
- particularly for 2 / 3 teachers (private schools) in coimbatore (of course
they are my relatives), they find them very useful
- they could type in their own language - could also make question papers in
different languages, and also give them multiple choice questions, etc.

The only request I had asked them is :
- to make a CD (instead of a DVD) which is limited to only certain
applications - for general usage
- to highlight the fact that 'people can do typing in their language'
- also release seperate versions in languages (in built) - Particularly in
Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada & Hindi - as these are the people who are
fierce to their mother-tongue.
- promote them as a seperate version - with more tools (generic) in them
- build packages for specific applications - say a General Super Market,
etc, just package the ones existing in FOSS.

One of the way - is to attract the users - highlighting on the Dual booting
& local language. All these needs only different packaging, and not more
coding.

Options like these are endless, and I am going to get the wrath of people,
saying that 'what are you going to do on this' !!!.  I am just a user of PC,
but has high regards for FOSS, and also the community.

with warm regards,
s.sivakumar
mumbai