[ubuntu-in] Problem installing Maverick on lenovo

James Sebastian james.sebastian at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 13:30:32 UTC 2011

> On 3 February 2011 17:46, Neha Jain <neha.hbti.it at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I tried to run maverick first from the CD, live everything was working
>>> absolutely fine. Then I installed(simply, erase and install) maverick on the
>>> machine, but it ended up with an I/O error. I tried again, again the same
>>> error. Next time I tried to install after rebooting, though it got
>>> installed, but when I tried to activate the Broadcom STA wireless driver, it
>>> never showed up in the apt-cache or in the
>>> system->admininstrator->additional drivers.
>>>
>>> May not be related, but be aware that broadcom driver can be broken due
to latest kernel. So validate that you are not on latest kernel from ubuntu.

I faced problem  Broadcom STA driver failing to load  on
linux-image-2.6.32-25-generic (the latest kernel update which appeared today
in my update manager.). I reverted back to linux-image-2.6.35-24-generic and
got my Broadcom STA driver working again.

I filed a bug on it  as below.

James