[ubuntu-in] Urgent - Ubuntu Install breaks and Crashes Dell Inspiron

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 05:28:36 BST 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Narendra Diwate
<narendra.diwate at gmail.com> wrote:

> My Opinion:
>
> I don't think Linux crashed this machine.
> I cant understand why the system is accessing PXE boot. Am sure you know what PXE boot is. The trick to recover this machine lie here. May be its is a   > fall back option if it cant find the Win boot loader.

I have no idea why too ??

> If he can get into BIOS, he should change the boot sequence to HDD if not already done.
Got into BIOS and changed the order back to HDD first and CD 3rd

did not change the problem

> Last - may not be suitable for this case now but important for any other cases that happen in future. Once you partition a Win machine and change the > > > > partition map, always boot into Win once.

did that too, to both the usable C:/ and the reovery

>  Also if possible do the partitioning using Windows tools from within Win. Of course it may not format to ext, but at least the basic partitions can be done and > then reformatted during the installation. This applies to Vista and Win7. This is what i remember having read.

This i did not do however recently had the opportunity to partition
another win 7 machine, a lenovo thinkpad and did that in Linux and
every thing damn well works fine

**
what about a linux reinstall - would that kind of work to show up the
lost partitions