[ubuntu-in] Fwd: Ubuntu not booting up

Narendra Diwate narendra.diwate at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 10:29:06 BST 2010

From: Shubham Chakraborty <s.chakraborty at vikaspublishing.com>

> I have been using ubuntu for about two years now. But recently after
> upgrading to Ubuntu 10.04 I have suffered from the biggest problem faced.
> It doesn't boot up.
> It shows the ubuntu logo and then after around three minutes it shows that
> UUID path not found. Then the laptop goes off.
> I have a lot of data in my ubuntu drive and can't afford to re-install as
> my
> laptop has only two partitions one windows and one ubuntu.
> Kindly help.

The data wont get affected unless you decide to reformat.
If you have a Live CD/USB of Ubuntu, boot up using that and reinstall Grub.
Google for Reinstalling Grub in Ubuntu 10.04 and follow the instructions.

Everything should be fine. And Yes, if you haven't , pl join the list.
--
Regards

Narendra Diwate