[ubuntu-in] Anamoly in toolbar operations

tabankg khabor08 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 12:29:15 GMT 2010

Absolutely nitesh,you got the point.
Actually I misquoted the term for toolbar,it should be the application
windows *"TITLEBAR" *which has disappeared.
Friend, I followed your instructions precisely as above,but in vain.
The "scroll lock" indicator button is flashing and on "sometimes" but not
always.As, I type these text,the "scroll lock" indicator button glows and
becomes off after some time.
A very peculiar problem indeed...
Thank you.
With regards
-tabankg

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Nitesh Mistry <mailbox at mistrynitesh.net>wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 08:02:49AM +0530, tabankg wrote:
> > Hello Friends,
> >    I've installed Ubuntu-10.10(64-bit) OS successfully(rather *Upgraded
> > SUCCESSFULLY* from 10.04 version)
> >   Everything is running fine,except that the *toolbar has disappeared*
> from
> > the applications(any) when I open in the GNOME desktop.
> > I had to *close/minimize* the application windows from the taskbar(lower
> > portion) of the GNOME desktop window.
> > Please help me to see or operate from the toolbar itself for any
> > applications.
>
> Since you say 'close/minimize' I assume you are talking about the window
> title
> bar. In that case try Alt+F2 > type 'metacity --replace' > press enter.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Nitesh Mistry
> www.mistrynitesh.com