[ubuntu-in] Small Footprint Desktop Distro

Mallikarjun(ಮಲ್ಲಿಕಾರ್ಜುನ್) mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 05:03:10 BST 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Narendra Diwate
<narendra.diwate at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/7/27 Mallikarjun <mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com>
>>
>> DSL is the way to go...
>> If you want to install on thumbdrive/Pendrive, then any regular GNU/Linux
>> OS like Ubuntu/Ferdora will fit in that one GB.
>
> As mentioned in the first post, this is for a full install on a Old computer
> with a small HD, not for a Pendrive. Something like a PIII with 6.4GB HD.
> And I have already tried DSL. Puppy, SLitaz, SLAX. I love them and use them
> as well, but I looking at something other than these.

Oh Sorry for redundancy
In that case, I would suggest you download Minimal Ubuntu Linux, you
can find here
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD, and build
upon that like installing LUbuntu, but I haven't tried this one...

This page can come in handy for you
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/LowMemorySystems

Also I would say, try on Virtualbox before installing on actual machine.