[ubuntu-in] mount issue

Rtr.Atreya Roy Chowdhury atreya.chowdhury at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 22:40:33 BST 2010

every time i try to mount one of my drives the follow crops up.

Error mounting: mount exited with exit code 13: ntfs_attr_pread_i: Zero run
length: Input/output error
ntfs_attr_pread_i: Failed to find VCN #1: Input/output error
Failed to calculate free MFT records: Input/output error
NTFS is either inconsistent, or there is a hardware fault, or it's a
SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. In the first case run chkdsk /f on Windows
then reboot into Windows twice. The usage of the /f parameter is very
important! If the device is a SoftRAID/FakeRAID then first activate
it and mount a different device under the /dev/mapper/ directory, (e.g.
/dev/mapper/nvidia_eahaabcc1). Please see the 'dmraid' documentation
for more details.

can any one tell me how to take care of this....because all my important
works are in that drive...

Rtr.Atreya Roy Chowdhury || RI Dist :: 3291 || Web Designer || Web
Optimizers || Linux Community India || atreya.chowdhury at googlewave.com ||
atreya.chowdhury at gmail.com || Call ::  91-33-2664-3279 || GSM :: 9903239879