[ubuntu-in] How to configure the Wireless network!!!!!!

Jkhatri khatri.jatin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 10:33:32 BST 2010

On Friday 23 July 2010 01:59 PM, shariff wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I Have installed the 9.04 ubuntu,
> ive selected the correct security key, and entered the correct key,
> My network manager indicate that wireless connection has established
> connection, but i am still unable to surf the web wireless, the web
> pages will not load up.
>
> Thanking you
> Shariff.K.m

it could be the DNS problem ... ( please post the output of the command
" cat /etc/resolve.conf" )

try to ping any live IP ( may be openDNS 208.67.220.220)

if you can reach that IP

just edit the /etc/resolve.conf

enter the following line

nameserver  208.67.220.220

thats it ... and check the  result ..and let us know
--

Jatin Khatri

Web www.khatrijatin.co.nr <http://www.khatrijatin.co.nr/>

www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin <http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Jatin>

Phone (+91) 98250 20393

Save Paper, Save Environment.**
/*(Plant at least one tree in your life and nurture it !!!)*/