[ubuntu-in] keyserver.ubuntu.com timeout ..

Ritesh Sinha sinha.k.ritesh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 07:29:29 GMT 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:36 PM, shredder12 <shredder12 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sanjay Bhangar wrote:
>> Me: Hello, err.. I'm trying to access the ubuntu keyserver which seems
>> to be using a non-standard port for https which you seem to be blocking?
>> Them: What?
>> Me: I err.. I'm trying to access something that's not working.
>> Them: Sir, can you click on Start button .. ?
>> Me: I don't have a Start button.
>> Them: What?
>> Me: Um, I use Ubuntu.
>> Them: Sir, it must be a virus. Can you please try restarting Windows
>> and trying again .. ?
>> etc...
> haha,
>
> Hello Sanjay,
>
> I had a similar issue. You can upload your key on any of the keyserver
> websites. These websites remain in sync so within a few hours your key
> will be on the ubuntu key server. You may try any of these two.
>
> http://pgp.mit.edu/
>
> https://keyserver.pgp.com/
>
> Regards,
>
> Shashank

Short of using one of those free unix shells to download the key I
don't think so. Unless you happen to have some packet mangling kungfu
skillz that will evade the ISP's firewall rules. Use SDF or something
similar to get the key, scp or copy paste it your box.

--
Sent using the magic of the interwebs.
http://ritesh.posterous.com