[ubuntu-in] Fwd: Error While Booting Ubuntu 9.10 (org: Linux help )

Abhinav Modi abhinavmodi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 10:09:03 GMT 2010

Hi Ram,

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 11:59 PM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 11:52 PM, stranger in black.....
> <gnuise at gmail.com> wrote:
>> How did he installed this. Did he used /, /home etc in separate partition?
>
> Actually i installed it for him, only problem hs is 300 km away so the
> best i can do is online support.

Looks like you installed Windows 7 AFTER installing Ubuntu ? You need
to fix grub, as Win 7 has its own bootloader and messes with the mbr.

I used the following links to set up Ubuntu to boot, and present Win 7
as a boot option in grub, after installing Win 7:

http://members.iinet.net/%7Eherman546/index.html

HTH
Abhinav

--