[ubuntu-in] issue with wireless USB (EVDO) internet connection ubuntu 9.10 desktop edition

BR!j!TH brijithp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 08:41:16 GMT 2010

I too had the same issues.
I could connect to bsnl evdo in another way. check the link. It worked for
me.

http://www.bsnlevdo.in/evdo/setup-bsnl-evdo-usb-modem-in-linux/

One other thing I want to know from you is, Is this evdo device from BSNL
having any issues. One of my friends have this device but he complain that
it is getting disconnected frequently..
Have you had any such issues. Is this Device is a reliable one. I am
thinking to by one....

2010/1/13 Renjith G <gopinadhanrenjith at in.com>

> dear friends,
>
> Now i am facing a big problem regarding the internet connectivity of 9.10
> version unlike 9.04 version.
>
> I hereby first explains problem with my machine.
>
> I have installed Ubuntu 9.10 desktop edition in my laptop DEll Vostro 1520
> (2Gb RAM).
>
> But it is not detecting my Wireless USB net connection (ZTE made - EVDO
> ,Provider BSNL India ) , so that it is not possible for me to connect to
> internet.
>
> I can connect to internet via my Nokia phone modem automatically in the
> same machine even without a PC suite for it in 9.10 editon.
>
> But the the same (USB modem EVDO ,ZTE ) internet is working fine for my
> laptop with Ubuntu 9.04 version .
>
> What is the problem with 9.10?
>
> Is there , any other extra driver available for USB net connectivity in
> 9.10?
>
> It would be really nice if you could resolve this at the earliest. ,Because
> i have installed the same in technical colleges and schools(Now they are
> calling me for support because hey can't able to play an MP3 file in it.) .I
> searched a lot and didn't found any valid solution.
>
> Also how can i get mp3 codecs in version 9.10 without an internet
> connection, any website for manual download ?
>
> /renjith g
>

> Dear *ubuntu-in!* Get Yourself a cool, short *@in.com* Email ID now!<http://mail.in.com/mails/new_reg.php?utm_source=invite&utm_medium=outgoing>

"Dream is not what you see in sleep
is the thing which does not let you sleep"