[ubuntu-in] issue with wireless USB (EVDO) internet connection ubuntu 9.10 desktop edition

Renjith G gopinadhanrenjith at in.com
Wed Jan 13 04:01:51 GMT 2010

dear friends, Now i am facing a big problem regarding the internet connectivity of 9.10 version unlike 9.04 version. I hereby first explainsproblem with my machine. I have installed Ubuntu 9.10 desktop edition in my laptop DEll Vostro 1520 (2Gb RAM). But it is not detecting my Wireless USB net connection (ZTE made  EVDO ,Provider BSNL India ) , so that it is not possible for me to connect to internet. I can connect to internet via my Nokia phone modem automatically in the same machine even without a PC suite for it in 9.10 editon. But the the same (USB modem EVDO ,ZTE ) internet is working fine for my laptop with Ubuntu 9.04 version . What is the problem with 9.10? Is there , any other extra driver available for USB net connectivity in 9.10? It would be really nice if you could resolve this at the earliest. ,Because i have installed the same in technical colleges and schools(Now they are calling me for support because hey can't able to play an MP3 file in it.) .I searched a l
 ot and didn't found any valid solution. Also how can i get mp3 codecs in version 9.10 without an internet connection, any website for manual download ? /renjith gDear ubuntuin! Get Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!