[ubuntu-in] Airtel Broadband Connection on Ubuntu/Beetel router

Ravi Kumar ra21vi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 21:07:32 BST 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Abhinav Modi <abhinavmodi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Prakash Advani <prakash at ubuntu.com>
> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I am planning on taking an Airtel Broadband connection, does anyone has
> > any experience of it having any issues with Ubuntu?
> >
> > [offtopic] posting it here because you are experts.
> >
> > They are already providing Beetel router, which some forums said "Sucks
> > ;-)"..

I had one Airtel Broadband with Beetel modem a year ago. But their sales
department and IT dept. got me crazy. I documented that interesting story at
http://blog.threeslice.com/

I got my Modem configured with DHCP, so rather manually dialing and
connecting was overcome. Just I had to plug the wire in my system and voila
:)

You can ask your Technician who will visits you to configure it. Request
them to have it DHCP, life would be easy. Also ask for USB cable, if your
Modem has USB connection options too. Ubuntu recognizes the modem, when
interfaced through USB.

Beetel has embedded Linux. just telnet into it, providing usename : admin
and password (you must be knowing it, else ask airtel, thats your device).
you will get intoo the bare sandbox shell.

--
-=Ravi=-