[ubuntu-in] Alternative to OpenOfficeOrg Word

Mallikarjun(ಮಲ್ಲಿಕಾರ್ಜುನ್) mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 17:04:55 BST 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/10/19 Mallikarjun <mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com>:
> > Dear friends,
> >   I would like to know if there is any good OpenSource alternative to
> > OpenOfficeOrg Word, as I felt it is very buggy also the buggiest stable
> > software I ever used.
>
> None of the others compare in quality to OOO - abiword is good but its
> only a doc writer - with extensions and good setup OOO is *very* good.
>
> So what bugs do you face - maybe if its something specific it can be worked
> out.
>
> I agree it is a great software. but sometimes very annoying
I have been using from quiet some time, not one to mention i have seen many
while using, some to mention
1) when i paste something in the document, it will not appear but will be
pasted
2) If I keep my document open and suspend my system, upon resume, my system
will almost hang up. Only after closing document it will function properly
3) Other day one of my friend faced problem with password protect (Sometimes
works but not always)
Some more I am not able to recall at the moment.