[ubuntu-in] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 08:12:09 GMT 2009

On 11/30/09, Dnyanraj Mali <dnyanraj.mali at gmail.com> wrote:
> To all,
>

> Many times some new member joins he/she does not know how to reply to list
> or just gives username & password to some social networking site & this
> problem occurs.

Sure agreed that highlighting these mails is a waste of time, however
in our inbox ubuntu.in lists is a trusted contact and when spam makes
its way through it the responsibility directly or indirectly is of the
sender. How and why their email account is sending spam is "their
responsibility" and it impinges on the faith that i have that an
ubuntu mail is worth reading.

Not all new users to the list are new to the internet and rather than
moderate a new user who gets upgraded to unmoderated after x number of
mails it may be better that every new user receives a mail with the
guidelines and list norms. Including the penalty for spamming the many
users on a list.

Genuine mistakes not withstanding and apologies being acceptable those
that show no remorse have no place on this list.

ram