[ubuntu-in] Reliance LG LXU800 on Jaunty - Success!

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Tue May 26 20:57:18 BST 2009

Hey Guys,

I'd mailed to the list a few days back about my problem with the
Reliance LG LXU800 USB dialer not being detected in Ubuntu.  I was
able to solve the problem, and connect successfully to the internet.
I've documented the entire procedure for anyone who needs it at

http://ninadpundalik.co.cc/blog/2009/05/lg-lxu800-dialer-on-ubuntu-jaunty/

I've still not figured out how to get wvdial to work, but I can use
pppd to connect.  I need to look into the logs to find out the right
Init strings and try them out.  Hopefully I'll do that soon, and
update the wiki page for the dialer as well.

Ninad S. Pundalik
http://ninadpundalik.co.cc/blog
GPG Key Fingerprint: 2DF7 B856 C75E C9F9 0504 C0EF D456 1946 7C45 2C69