[ubuntu-in] How to find Monitor brightness control file..?

sanath kumar dayanandasaraswati at gmail.com
Sun May 24 14:14:35 BST 2009

Hello,
   I am working on a project and I want to find what file controls the
monitor's brightness in a system. In my system, I found that to control the
brightness of my monitor, I have to write different values to the file
/proc/acpi/video/VID/LCD/brightness. I am sure this will not be the same
location on other machines too. Is there a command or some way that can help
me find the correct file used by a system to control its brightness..? I
want this badly. Because of this problem, my project is stuck in the middle.

--
SANATH KUMAR
http://blog.ceglug.org/sanath