[ubuntu-in] Reliance LG LXU800 in Jaunty

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Mon May 18 20:34:54 BST 2009

Hi All,

Does anyone have a working net connection on Ubuntu Jaunty with the
Reliance LG LXU 800 USB dialer?  dmesg shows that the kernel has
detected the usb modem, but lsusb just shows me the vendor and product
ID, without the name of the modem.  Also, wvdialconf is unable to
detect the modem, when I try to run it.  I tried looking in the
/dev/usb directory for the modem, as the earlier PCMCIA card that I
used was mounted at /dev/usb/ttyACM0 or something similar.

As of now, I have to go to windows to use the modem, and I might try
installing the Dialer software that came with the modem via Wine
tomorrow.  Please let me know what more details should I include, so
that this problem can be solved.

/me desperate to get it working in ubuntu.  Any and all help is highly
appreciated. :)

Ninad S. Pundalik
http://ninadpundalik.co.cc/blog
GPG Key Fingerprint: 2DF7 B856 C75E C9F9 0504 C0EF D456 1946 7C45 2C69