[ubuntu-in] Unable to run the KDE environment

tabankg khabor08 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 03:23:09 BST 2009

Hello Friends!
  I am unable to run the KDE4 desktop environment under Ubuntu-8.10(INTREPID
IBEX).
Even within the GNOME desktop environment:*
Konqueror,Konsole,vlc,smplayer,etc.* applications are unable to open and
run.
But it was O.K. a few days back.Actually I had installed some more
applications from the repositories(saved on my HDD-Full set of
repositories;obtained from the 6-DVD set of Ubuntu-8.10;courtesy ZYXWARE
TECHNOLOGIES).
After that, these problems started cropping up.
While logging to the KDE4 desktop environment,the login takes place
successfully,even the splash images are shown,but after a few minutes the
screen turns dark.
No problem within GNOME desktop environment.
Please help me...

--
GOD BLESS US ALL!!!