[ubuntu-in] wi-fi solution discussion

Mehul Ved mehul.n.ved at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 18:15:19 GMT 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> also am not sure what i missed but the linksys wrt54g l model is
> specifically designed for linux (it sells for about 1 k more) but this
> has a customizable memory -

I couldn't find a new WRT54G/GS model at Lamington Road in Mumbai. I
had to settle for WRT54G2 v1 which didn't live upto my expectations
cos it just has 2MB of storage space. So, it doesn't support custom
firmwares so well as it's predecessors. But, if you want to stick to
stock firmware, it's not that bad. But, I find it lacking in terms of
number of options compared to linux based D-Link DIR-300 which is a
lot cheaper.
Overall I was disappointed after making a choice to go for Linksys cos
I wanted to and am using DD-WRT.

--

The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected.
-- The Unix Programmer'...