[ubuntu-in] File transfer proxy for Jabber

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 21:23:46 GMT 2009

Hi,

I am a student at a college, and hence access the internet through a
proxy (NAT+firewall).  As a result, I have access to a limited number
of ports: 80,443,5223,5222 are the ports that are open on our proxy.
The default file transfer proxy set in Pidgin is proxy.jabber.org on
port 7777.  Among the many restrictions, the proxy searches for a
regex with the word proxy in it, for obvious reasons.  Could anyone
please suggest a different file transfer proxy server?  Googling gave
me 2 other servers, both with proxy in its address.  Though file
transfer between Pidgin/Psi and Gtalk does not happen, Pidgin to
Pidgin and Pidgin to Psi file transfers are reported as successfully
working.

Thanx a lot for any help. :)

Ninad S. Pundalik
http://ninadpundalik.co.cc/blog