[ubuntu-in] Spam into the mailing list

Nandan Marathe nrmarathe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 11:52:52 GMT 2009

Ramnarayan.K wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> From: Aanjhan R:
>>> I really wonder where are the mailing list admin folks. I see my name
>>> in the wiki team but I dont have access. Folks, are you guys doing
>>> something in the background by moderating these folks? Or its just
>>> "pressing the delete button" when you recieve such an email?
>>>
>>> Wake up guys! I know its winter. But still :)
>>>
>> You're on Server Admin list, so you can only delete entire Mailing
>> List. No individual mails :P
>> (http://ubuntu-in.info/wiki/index.php/Teammembers)
>>

> Maybe its time to delete the existing users, all of us included, and
> have people resubscribe _ using our existing id's ( i have only one
> email id that i will use) non genuine / non serious users can be
> dumped.
>
> Nigel is right this crap has to stop. In fact in my earlier post i was
> polite and said one more chance can be given, am wondering if
> itsbetter to dump such people who cannot be really bothered.
>
> ram

I am very new to this group. Whenever I post an email, I see a message from ubuntu-in
post acknowledgement message. From this message, I assumed that the mailing list is
moderated, but it doesnt look like. Is there a reason why such emails are provided
authorization to be sent to the group?
- Nandan