[ubuntu-in] Spam into the mailing list

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 10:31:38 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry at gmail.com> wrote:
>> From: Aanjhan R:
>> I really wonder where are the mailing list admin folks. I see my name
>> in the wiki team but I dont have access. Folks, are you guys doing
>> something in the background by moderating these folks? Or its just
>> "pressing the delete button" when you recieve such an email?
>>
>> Wake up guys! I know its winter. But still :)
>
> You're on Server Admin list, so you can only delete entire Mailing
> List. No individual mails :P
> (http://ubuntu-in.info/wiki/index.php/Teammembers)

Maybe its time to delete the existing users, all of us included, and
have people resubscribe _ using our existing id's ( i have only one
email id that i will use) non genuine / non serious users can be
dumped.

Nigel is right this crap has to stop. In fact in my earlier post i was
polite and said one more chance can be given, am wondering if
itsbetter to dump such people who cannot be really bothered.

ram