[ubuntu-in] How to setup BSNL DSL broadband on Ubuntu

Parthan SR parth.technofreak at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 14:52:36 BST 2008

Ramnarayan.K wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just got access to braodband - and *need* to know how to set this up
> on Ubuntu.
>
> Its got a user name and password and i can't figure out how to setup a
> new internet connection
>
> also when i ping 192.168.1.1 <http://192.168.1.1> it does not give
> back a reply
>
> its working on wincedows - since bsnl knows only how to set that up ??
>
> would appreciate your urgent help
>
> thanks
> ram
Much simpler solution - Ask BSNL to set the Modem up to connect by
itself and run DHCP on the modem. Thus all you need is to allow your
modem to connect and then turn your computer ON; then there is no worry
of configuring and your Ubuntu will dynamically get an IP. Configuring
the modem to connect automatically has nothing do with what OS you have
in your computer, as least from what I know of BSNL.

--
---
With Regards,

Parthan "technofreak"