[ubuntu-in] Localising Kturtle into Kannada in Ubuntu

Parthan SR parth.technofreak at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 11:37:51 BST 2008

Pavanaja U B wrote:
> 1. KannadaLogo is localised version of MSWLogo which is free
> (http://www.softronix.com/logo.html). This has got nothing to do with
> Microsoft. Only common thing is that it works on Microsoft Windows.
> The Kannada version has already been listed in the Logo Tree -
> http://www.elica.net/download/papers/LogoTreeProject.pdf
Sorry, I misinterpreted it as "logo" and later realized there was a
product called Logo. Pardon my ignorance.

> 2. I did all those experiments with .mo and .pot files. I did all
> those settings given in the relevant page of Kturtle -
> http://edu.kde.org/kturtle/translator.php . It seems those steps are
> given for KDE and not for Ubuntu.
>
> Now I need the help for Ubuntu.
KDE is just a desktop environment and Ubuntu also has KDE desktop in its
repositories. Kubuntu team maintains all KDE applications in Ubuntu and
that is how you have KTurtle in Ubuntu. The KDE version of it is the
upstream for the application and hence the procedures should still work
in any GNU/Linux distribution having KDE. Am not sure whether merely
replacing the l10n file from the one installed by the KTurtle package
might work, you might need to compile from source and try it out. Feel
free to visit #kde-in channel at irc.freenode.net server and am sure
there are people out there who can help you (Kartik Mistry is one of
them). Instead you can also join and ask us at KDE India mailing list
(https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-india).

--
---
With Regards,