[ubuntu-in] sharing folders over wifi

Sanjay Bhangar sanjaybhangar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 23:45:08 BST 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 9:11 AM, AlgoMantra <algomantra at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Fabian Enos <fabian.rap.more at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Try 'sudo net usershare'
>
> *
> It opened up a manual page which doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever,
> therefore I
> took the liberty of copying it below for your kind perusal, should you have
> the patience to go through it, inspite of your
> more pressing commitments, for instance - at work? *
>

> Usage:
> to add or change a user defined share.

eg. *net usershare add algoShare /home/algo/fooDirectory/
*would create a share called algoShare of /home/algo/fooDirectory/

eg2. *net usershare add algoShare /home/algo/fooDirectory/ guest_ok=y
*would create a share called algoShare and allow guests to login.

its really not that cryptic once you get through what the symbols mean -
anything between [] is an optional parameter and anything between <> is a
required parameter.. the man pages are your friend and patience your
greatest weapon :P

-Sanjay

<snip />