[ubuntu-in] Need help installing gui (ubuntu-desktop) in ubuntu server hardy!

Rizwan Patel rizwan1980pat at yahoo.co.in
Sun Sep 21 19:24:07 BST 2008

Dear All,

Config:
OS (Host): Windows XP pro sp2
Middle ware: VMWARE Server
OS (Guest): Ubuntu server Hardy 8.04.1

I have updated my Ubuntu server "sudo apt-get update".
But during installing GUI with these command "sudo apt-get install
ubuntu-desktop", it takes 3+ hours.
How to download all package manually which is carry out during "sudo apt-get
install ubuntu-desktop" in Ubuntu server.
Or can I install these GUI (Ubuntu-desktop) using Ubuntu Desktop image file,
as I have download Ubuntu-desktop image too.

Please help me in this issue.

Regards
Rizwan - 9967646435 / +91-22-27813348

                   "God always there with you, just give support to needy
and u will find him."