[ubuntu-in] DVD Region code

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 11:50:35 BST 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 12:56 PM, Jinoy Jose <jinoyjose at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did this. Now it runs in VLC and Xine. Not in Movie Player. But There are
> some hiccups still. Like, getting to the root menu is still a difficult
> task.
> Still, I am happy.

The movie player, totem, supports two backends gstreamer and xine. By
default it uses gstreamer. And gstreamer has only partial support for
DVD i.e. no menu or subtitles support. This is already fixed in latest
gstreamer version with new DVD plugins which will be available in
Ubuntu's next version schedules for release in October.

Onkar