[ubuntu-in] ubuntu-in Digest, Vol 31, Issue 24

Ninad Pundalik ninadsp16289 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 15:23:59 BST 2008

>> ok i have the free space about 7 gig and am willing to make it temp
>> but how because gparted does not seem to have the option to make a partition
>> mount to a particular drive ??
>>
>> Should i do is using a live CD - knoppix
>>
>> ram

Have a look at this thread on Ubuntu forums for setting up a new /tmp partiton:

Follow the instructions given over there and then run 'sudo mount
/tmp' to mount the partition, instead of rebooting as specified in
those instructions...  However, I am not very sure about what will
happen to the existing files in /tmp.  He has given instructions there
to take care of that, but I havent't tried anything like this
before...

--
Ninad S. Pundalik
+91 - 99835 26855