[ubuntu-in] About Baishakhi Linux and thereon

"Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ)" sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 05:17:19 BST 2008

Hi,

In recent times there have been a couple of blog posts about Baishakhi
Linux. These are:

http://sayamindu.randomink.org/ramblings/2008/09/03/local-language-efforts-by-the-various-government-agencies/
http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/2008/09/03/what-a-waste-of-talent-and-money/
http://sayamindu.randomink.org/ramblings/2008/09/10/more-on-baishakhi-linux/
http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/2008/09/10/it-only-gets-funnier/

Baishakhi Linux is derived from Ubuntu. And, you will note from the
blogs that one of the issues is 'removal' of translator credits.

Can someone confirm if situation similar to the 3rd URL exist in stock
Ubuntu for bn_IN ? If yes, would the language leads for bn_IN in Ubuntu
take note of it ?

Regards,
Sankarshan

ps: I am not subscribed with this ID, so please keep me in cc: if you
desire to respond.

--

You see things; and you say 'Why?';
But I dream things that never were;