[ubuntu-in] Dell and Ubuntu!

mallikarjun arjun mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 15:59:14 BST 2008

Mallikarjun

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 5:55 PM, Biswajit Dutta Baruah <
indianorthodoc at gmail.com> wrote:

> @Onkar: Well, my point was that Vostro is listed under the buisness
> category alongwith XPS, Latitude and Precison while Inspiron/XPS under
> the home( Home/Home & Office, rather - whatever that means) category in
> the Dell website. If Dell is going to offer Vostro laptops with ubuntu
> pre loaded I will be very happy compared to all those blissfully unaware
> around me. Unfortunately even as I write the laptop in question (Vostro
> A series )is mentioned but cannot be configured, and so I assume cannot
> be ordered. Also the fact that it will be unsupported will not find many
> takers, especially in India. SaaS is a new concept, and it will be some
> time before people here adapt to it. But I completely agree that ubuntu
> is a wonderful OS and I use nothing but ubuntu at home and in the
> hospital.
>
> @List: But to shift the focus a little away, here is something
> intresting that i read:
> http://polishlinux.org/linux/how-to-get-a-refund-for-windows-in-poland/
>
> There are a few other links following the translated story on a similiar
> vein! For myself, I think its too late to try this. But for new buyers
> this may be useful.
>
> orthodoc

Even i had the same problem so i called toll free number some 1800****
Then Dell india told that right now they have no information on Vostro A846
and 860 ( preloaded with ubuntu)
 She took my mail id and phone number and told me that she will inform once
information is available.

mallikarjun