[ubuntu-in] Dell and ubuntu!

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 09:39:22 BST 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Raseel Bhagat <raseelbhagat at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 7:24 AM, mallikarjun arjun <mallik.v.arjun at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 1:02 AM, Raseel Bhagat <raseelbhagat at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 9:05 PM, Biswajit Dutta Baruah
>>> <indianorthodoc at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>

>>> I ordered my Dell XPS1530  a few days ago. I managed to convince the guy
>>> for a free RAM upgrade ( its a whooping 4 GB now) and I even got it within 5
>>> days.
>>>

>> What is the cost?
>>
>> mallikarjun
>
> I got it for Rs.58K+ , including taxes and a free RAM and Sound card
> upgrade.

If I understand following blog post correctly then it means that Dell
Vostro laptop will be available with Ubuntu in India soon.
http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2008/08/27/new-vostro-systems-for-emerging-markets-ubuntu-in-more-countries.aspx

Please note that it does not have an explicit mention of India, but it
says emerging markets from Asia.

Onkar