[ubuntu-in] Looking for a flat-bed scanner in the 6-7k range which is supported by ubuntu & available in India

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Sun May 18 12:53:26 BST 2008

Hi

One : HP scanners are no longer so linux friendly - they may be
supported out of the box but its good to verify from reviews and from
the

http://www.sane-project.org/
and this site
http://www.buzzard.me.uk/jonathan/scanners-usb.html

Two : this is issue of licensing (even through CC) is way over the
top. This mailing list will already have its on Copyright regimes and
it makes no sense for an individual , however quotable they may be, to
devalue the concept of CC licensing. Further mails as coming from an
identified address will be , by theory, ascribed to that person and
hence copyright'able  As a habit, it a bad one. to CC license email,
it sets the wrong precedent.

As a presumption , what would be the next logical step licensing phone
communication, sms's etc.

ram