[ubuntu-in] hardy getting slower with use?

Sanjay Bhangar sanjaybhangar at gmail.com
Sat May 10 11:48:37 BST 2008

> 3. The Wifi signal is lost and only a restart can bring it back (thrice a
> day).
> 4. Deluge (the BT client) may have a role to play in losing Wifi again. I
> had this
> trouble in Gutsy too.
What wifi router are you using? The Linksys WRT54G's have this problem
with the BitTorrent protocol, in which case it has nothing to do with
Ubuntu. Try and upgrade your router firmware and the problem of wifi
dropping while BitTorrenting should be fixed.
The other problem I've faced with wifi is when trying to use the
in-built switch to turn it off and on. Sometimes the OS doesn't
properly recognize WiFi being turned back on. Other than this, I have
never faced any problems with my wifi under ubuntu (after getting it
setup, of course.. ).. Perhaps you can give some more details to help
diagnose what's causing this? What might also help is if you have
another computer (running windoze or whatever) that can be logged in
to the network the same time so you know whether its a network
problem, or a problem of the OS.

For firefox - installing firefox-2 does not help ? Also, try getting
all the updates, noticed there was a string of them last night and I
believe my computer is performing a bit better now once I have them,
but it could be my imagination  :-)

Anyway - best've luck,
Sanjay B