[ubuntu-in] wireless in Hardy

AlgoMantra algomantra at gmail.com
Tue May 6 04:42:40 BST 2008

> My fault. The driver expects the firmware files in b43 directory. The
> correct command is (I have verified on my ibook :-D )
> 'sudo b43-fwcutter -w /lib/firmware/b43 wl_apsta-3.130.20.0.o' (Replace .o
> filename appropriately).
> In case you get error 'directory does not exist then do 'sudo mkdir
> /lib/firmware/b43' and then run above command.

I did this, and now I see last small issue here. Now /lib/firmware
has 3 folders - the generic, the b43, and the previous b43legacy folder.

the b43 folder has created another b43legacy folder inside instead of
the .fw files. Both the b43 legacy folder are restricted. I can do "sudo ls"
to peep inside, but when I do "sudo cd b43legacy" it says "command not
found". So how do I fix this?
Why is it stopping me as sudo too?

I suppose we need to have the following structure for wifi to work? -- >
/lib/firmare/b43/(.fw files)

--