[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu on Apple Mac's

Hardeep Singh hardeep1singh_s60 at yahoo.co.in
Sun Jun 22 22:21:57 BST 2008

> if apple sells a laptop pre-installed with lin, or dual-boots with lin
> and mac, i'd suppose hordes of people, new people, and those normally
> averse to apple, would go out and enthusiastically buy those machines.

The only question is why would they do that? Steve Jobs is a marketing
expert, he tweaks all his products in a way to keep 'his own' cash
registers ringing. Putting linux on his macbook would mean accepting the
truth that mac sucks and more importantly linux would not add any extra
zing to his cash registers, instead a free OS would mean people won't 'buy'
apps from 'him'. These are enough reasons for him to not make this
'mistake'.

Thats why I call him a bigger devil than Bill Gates. :-)